Contractors for the Georgia Department of Transportation will perform major reconstruction of Interstate 75 from Ga. 133 (Exit 18) in Valdosta to the Crisp/Dooly County Line.
To ensure motorist and contractor safety, this work will warrant lane closures and traffic shifts along this section of I-75, which could cause short delays.
The DOT reports the following construction activities are tentatively planned through Sept. 30:
COOK: Contractors will have various construction activities between Exits 40 and 30 north- and southbound. No lane closures from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
LOWNDES: Contractors have lane closures planned in the north- and southbound lanes at various locations between the Cook County line and Exit 18 (Ga. 133/ St. Augustine Road). There will be no lane closures from 2-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
TURNER: Contractors have nighttime lane closures planned in the southbound lanes beginning at milepost 84 to milepost 82, seven nights a week. No lane closures from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For traffic information call the GDOT Traffic Management Center at 1-888-635-8287 in Georgia or 1-404-635-6800 outside Georgia or go online at www.georgianavigator.com/construction.
React to this story:
- BREAKING: Former Valdosta coach Propst hospitalized
- Lowndes High construction delayed
- A Georgia mother got an eviction notice. Then, she fought.
- Police probe fatal Valdosta shooting
- Valwood crowns homecoming king, queen
- Police arrest man in Fry Street killing
- A Classic Encounter: Valdosta, Lowndes face off for 60th time
- SGMC reports four deaths
- Harden qualifies as write-in school board candidate
- 50 Years & Counting: Barham hits half-century mark at Miller Hardware