WASHINGTON, D.C. -- On Oct. 9, GEICO announced the expansion of its Emergency Deployment Discount to include its policyholders deployed on Operation Enduring Freedom. The Emergency Deployment Discount will be applied, subject to each state's rules, to all policy holders deployed as a member of the Enduring Freedom operational forces. This will include the operational area contiguous to the areas of operation. This will be retroactive for those who deployed prior to this announcement.
Discounts, up to 25 percent, will apply to policy holders serving in the military who are insured by GEICO, GEICO General, GEICO Indemnity or GEICO Casualty. These discounts affect vehicles stored or left in the care, custody and control of friends or relatives. The discounts will become effective upon deployment and notifications to GEICO. The imminent-danger pay areas include the following locations Some geographic limitations apply in certain areas and some military operations are excluded.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- Business Briefs
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents