ECHOLS COUNTY -- The public is invited to attend a meeting to discuss Pre-Disaster Mitigation planning activities through the Georgia Emergency Management Agency. Echols County has received a grant from GEMA to prepare a Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan to address natural hazards within Echols County. This hearing will be held at 11 a.m. Feb. 16 at the Echols County Courthouse 110 Hwy. 94 E., Statenville.
Because of the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000, local governments must complete a Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan as a condition of receiving future Federal Disaster Assistance. The purpose of this hearing will be to obtain citizen input as part of the planning process.
Persons with special needs related to handicapped accessibility or foreign language shall contact Brenda Stalvey, county clerk, at (229) 559-6538 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. Persons with hearing disabilities can use the Georgia Relay Services, at (TDD) 1-800-255-0056 or (voice) 1-800-255-0135.
React to this story:
- SGMC reports three deaths
- Gilyard appears to have won school board seat
- Teen suspect in Valdosta slaying surrenders
- Marine coming home for promotion ceremony
- Omega Essay Contest winners awarded
- Four teens indicted for murder in Lowndes County
- Three in Tifton indicted in forced labor scheme
- Deputies and clergy man checkpoints
- Christmas in Valdosta: Parade, Nutcracker, Crescent events this weekend
- Fauci: 1st US case of COVID-19 omicron variant identified