LAKELAND -- The Lanier County Sheriff's Department conducted its biggest drug sweep in the county's history over the weekend.
B.J. Davis, investigator with the sheriff's department, said that 31 warrants had been issued and 27 of those resulted in arrests. Charges include sale of crack cocaine and conspiracy to commit a crime.
Between 3 a.m. and daylight Monday, three of those arrested escaped from the Clinch County Jail and were still being sought Monday afternoon. The three reportedly removed a light fixture and escaped through the ceiling, Davis said.
- UPDATE: VCS: No shootings at VHS
- Kemp responds to VHS shooting hoax
- LCS responds to written threat at Pine Grove Middle Schools, no real threat
- Lowndes County Food Scores
- Valdosta teens charged for thefts, curfew violation
- Downtown prepping for Christmas parade
- Valdosta City Schools reports no active shooter at VHS
- UPDATE: Valdosta, other schools locked down over hoax
- POLING: VHS incident: Why we verify
- Cook deputy struck by RV, hospitalized