LaGRANGE -- The Valdosta Boys Club Dixie Majors are going to Carolina in more than their minds.
Valdosta erased a 5-2 deficit with five runs in the bottom of the sixth to pull out a 7-5 win against Columbia County Wednesday night.
With the victory, Valdosta finished the 17-and-18 year-olds' tournament with a perfect record and clinched a spot in the Dixie Majors World Series beginning July 28 in North Charleston, S.C. versus Alabama.
They may have company in the Palmetto State. Valdosta's 15-and-16 year-old squad avenged its only loss of the tournament Wednesday, surviving a 7th-inning rally and a 20-minute protest to hold on for a 4-2 win against host Troup County. Valdosta will face Columbia County at 7 p.m. today for a berth in the Pre-Majors World Series in Florence, S.C.
React to this story:
- C-SPAN VIDEO: Inauguration; Biden, Harris take oath of office
- More than 300 quarantined in Lowndes County Schools
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- Update: County office temporarily closes for COVID-19 exposure
- South Georgia signs up thousands for vaccine
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, dozens of others
- Moody AFB conducts readiness exercises
- SGMC reports three virus deaths Sunday
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- Lowndes, SGMC report three virus-related deaths