Valdosta Police Department
• A Valdostan was arrested for simple battery domestic violence against his spouse at 1:50 a.m. on Tracy Lane, according to reports. Darren Henderson, 40, of Valdosta, was charged with simple battery, say reports.
• A Florida man was arrested around 2:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of West Hill Avenue after it was reported a man had put his hands around a woman’s neck in an attempt to choke her in front of a child, according to reports. Ronnie Wayne Thomas, 45, of Flora Home, Fla., was charged with simple battery and cruelty toward children, say reports.
• A state bench warrant led to the arrest of Accraviese Kier, 32, of Valdosta, at 3:26 a.m. in the 1400 block of Lake Park Road, according to police.
• Police charged Arnold Hernandez-Leveron, 34, of Valdosta, with speeding and a driver’s license violation at 11:42 a.m. in the 3200 block of Inner Perimeter Road, say reports. He was driving without a valid license, according to reports.
About $2,200 in electronics and $2,000 of other items were taken in a burglary in the 200 block of Houston Avenue between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 4:20 p.m. Saturday, according to reports.
• Police charged Jessica Sapp, 28, of Douglas, with shoplifting at 5:23 p.m. in the 1100 block of North St. Augustine Road, according to reports.
• At 8:24 p.m. in the 500 block of West Hill Avenue, Nicholas Anthony Bartole, 36, of Valdosta, was charged with speeding and driving without a valid license, according to reports.
• Police responding to an accident at 5:25 p.m. in the 300 block of Hogan Street found a driver who was driving without a valid driver’s license and who was driving under the influence of alcohol, according to police reports. He had an open container in the vehicle and failed to maintain his lane, say reports. A few minutes later, a police officer found the same man in the 300 block of South Oak Street and arrested him after he attempted to leave the scene of the accident without making contact with the driver of the other vehicle, according to police department reports. Antonio Gonzalez, 27, of Valdosta, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving, driver’s license violation, following too close and other offenses not covered, according to reports.
• A burglary in the 3000 block of Oak Garden Drive between 8 p.m. Saturday and 12:31 a.m. Sunday resulted in the loss of $1,500 of office equipment, $1,800 of electronics and $670 of other items, according to reports.