TIFTON -- Cook High's wrestling team won its third-straight tournament, besting the field at the Blue Devil Invitational here Saturday.
The Hornets outscored Valdosta, 224-204, to win the tournament. Shaw was third with 164 points, with Tift County fourth.
Cook won invitationals at home and at Ware County prior to Christmas.
Four Cook wrestlers took first-place honors: Bill Childs (112 pounds), Johnny Durr (119), Steven Griner (125) and Brian McCall (171).
Three others finished second: Jonathan Fulghum (103), Andrew Parrish (130) and Blake Mainor (140). Jason Waldon (135) and Joseph Hewitt (152) were third, with Matthew Edmonson (145) fourth.
For Valdosta, two wrestlers won first-place honors: David Smothers (130) and Jamal Scott (152). The Berrien twins, 135-pound Willie and 145-pound Will, each finished second, as did Eric Thomas (189). Marcus Morrison (112) was third, Corey Terrell (103) fourth and Brett Chism (215) fifth.
Cook hosts Valdosta, Irwin County and Turner County Tuesday in Adel. The meet begins at 5 p.m.
React to this story:
- One shot dead, second injured on Bemiss Road
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Colin Powell has died of COVID-19 complications, family says
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents
- Millions earmarked for Moody chopper facilities
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Business Briefs
- Retired educators group seeks members