ATLANTA — The Georgia Public Service Commission is scheduled to finalize its review and make its final decision Tuesday on the Georgia Power Company 2019 integrated resource plan in Dockets 42310 and 42311.
The hearing will be held 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 16, Room 110, 244 Washington St., S.W.
The full schedule in this docket:
• April 8-10: Georgia Power presents direct testimony.
• April 25: Interested parties file testimony.
• May 13-16: Staff and interested parties present direct testimony.
• May 30: Georgia Power may file rebuttal testimony.
• June 11-12: Georgia Power may present rebuttal testimony.
• June 24: Proposed briefs and orders due.
• July 16: Commission issues decision.
As required by law since 1992 (O.C.G.A §46-3A-1), the IRP is the utility’s long-range plan for and forecast of the state’s electric power needs for the next three years, state officials said.
The statutory deadline for a commission decision in this docket is July 29.
Full IRP filing is available at http://www.psc.state.ga.us/factsv2/Docket.aspx?docketNumber=42310.
The Georgia Public Service Commission is a five-member constitutional agency that exercises its authority and influence to ensure consumers receive "safe, reliable and reasonably priced telecommunications, electric and natural gas service from financially viable and technically competent companies," state officials said.
For more information on the commission, visit http://psc.ga.gov.