Coastal Plain Area Economic Opportunity Authority Inc. reported that for September, there were two participants in the Job Readiness and Life Skills Training Classes; two individuals employed in the community; three WX Applications completed; 34 lunches prepared a day for the Break Bread Program; 11 individuals provided with prescription medication; 11 families received emergency assistance; 70 children in Daycare and 47 children in the Pre-K program; 323 children enrolled in Headstart program; 21 clients in the Career's Inc. program; three youths were provided with counseling in the teen pregnancy prevention program and 21 children enrolled in the youth at risk program.
The Board of Directors of Coastal Plain Area EOA provides this information to the citizens of Lowndes County.
React to this story:
- Fla. bank takes over Valdosta firm
- Five Vikings sign college baseball scholarships
- School board to revisit Propst contract
- Valdosta man arrested in Remerton shooting
- Sheriff: 'Confession' tape in KJ case not authentic
- Valdosta man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Kemp visits Valdosta; seeks calm at gas pumps, touts budget
- Blade to Begin Trading Today on the Nasdaq Stock Market Under Ticker Symbol “BLDE”
- Ga. lawmen pursue kidnapping suspect into Fla.
- SGMC changes vaccine, testing processes