ADEL -- Cook Middle School will hold a barbecue in the cafeteria Saturday, Sept. 15, to raise funds for the eighth-grade dance in the spring.
Jennifer Green, chairman of the student activities committee, said a fund-raiser is conducted every year to raise money for decorations and to hire a disc jockey for the dance that will take place in May. "The barbecue is to raise money for any student activities, but the majority of it goes toward the eighth-grade dance."
Green said teachers and some volunteer parents will grill pork chops at the school. The dinners will include two smoked pork chops, green beans, potato salad, Texas toast and pound cake. Dinners will cost $5.
To contact reporter Susan Veal, please call 244-3400, ext. 254.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Business Briefs
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents