CLINCH COUNTY -- A single-vehicle accident killed a Lakeland man early Wednesday.
Joshua Edward Browning, 22, died from injuries he sustained in the accident. The Georgia State Patrol Waycross Post responded to the accident that happened on Georgia Highway 168 one mile from County Road 79. Officials with the GSP said the accident is being investigated by the Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team, Reidsville.
The report by the GSP has not been completed; more details are unavailable at this time.
Ten people have died in Clinch County in fatal accidents this year, nine in January. On Jan. 3, a 1995 Pontiac Firebird was traveling west toward Homerville on Highway 84 when it passed another vehicle and slammed into a 1995 Dodge Caravan headed east. Two Homerville residents who were in the Firebird died, and four in the van, including two children, died.
On Jan. 14, two children and a man died after their pickup was struck from behind by a semi as they were traveling north on U.S. 441.
To contact Tanya B. O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- Teen shot in Melrose Drive incident
- Grand jury drops murder charge against woman in Valdosta shooting
- Valdosta man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Police: Man killed in collision
- VSU student killed in Berrien accident
- Valdosta man indicted in fatal shooting
- GBI seeks help in Berrien death case
- From teaching to nursing: Graduate proves it's never too late to try something new
- Fla. bank takes over Valdosta firm
- For Black farmers, new promises come with old scars