The City of Valdosta's Engineering Department will close several roads today through Friday as part of the Small Diameter Water Main Upgrade Project. The entire upgrade will consist of five phases and will replace 30 miles of small diameter water mains throughout the city.
These streets will be closed at some time during the week:
-- Moore Street from Ashley Street to Marion Street.
-- Slater Street from Park Avenue to Woodrow Wilson.
-- Williams Street from Park Avenue to Woodrow Wilson.
The 911 Center is notified on a daily basis when the street is to be closed and reopened.
The Engineering Department requests that the public avoid these areas during the week.
For information, please contact the Engineering Department at 259-3530.
React to this story:
- Man charged in chase that wrecked police car
- Gilyard appears to have won school board seat
- SGMC reports three deaths
- Teen suspect in Valdosta slaying surrenders
- Four teens indicted for murder in Lowndes County
- Marine coming home for promotion ceremony
- Omega Essay Contest winners awarded
- Father-Daughter Dance canceled for 2022
- Three in Tifton indicted in forced labor scheme
- Fauci: 1st US case of COVID-19 omicron variant identified