VALDOSTA -- The Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual dinner Tuesday, with guest speaker George Israel, president and chief executive officer for the Georgia Chamber of Commerce.
The dinner will be held at the James H. Rainwater Conference Center from 6:30-9 p.m.
Israel, a Macon native, has 23 years experience as a CEO with organizations consisting of six to more than 1,100 employees in the areas of government, real estate sales management and development, property management and managed healthcare, according to a press release.
He serves on the board of directors for YKK (USA), Inc.
He has served as chairman of the 21st Century Partnership in Middle Georgia, past chair of Macon Chamber of Commerce, past chair of Macon Economic Development Commission, and co-chair of Macon-Bibb County Unification Commission.
Israel was appointed by former Georgia Gov. Zell Miller to chair the State of Georgia Commission on Privatization.
He was also appointed by Miller to serve on the Georgia Military Affairs Committee and was appointed by former Gov. Joe Frank Harris to the Southern Growth Policies Board.
The dinner will also feature the Chamber's recognition of community leaders, especially the 2005 A.L. Girardin Award winner. The new Chamber members and Chamber Chairperson Jennifer Powell, will be installed by Judge H. Arthur McLane, according to reports.
A few tickets are still available, call the Chamber at 247-8100 for more information.
React to this story:
- Two Lake Park women die in accident near Hahira
- Valdosta man dies in Florida wreck
- Youngest Man on Campus: VSU welcomes 14-year-old student
- Kids store South Georgia Smocks coming to Valdosta mall
- Lowndes deputy finds suspect wanted for shooting Decatur deputy
- Teen launches live bait vending machine
- UPDATE: School board rejects Rodemaker settlement decision
- Man charged in convenience store robbery
- Lowndes reports death, SGMC announces vaccine event
- Valdosta man pleads guilty to producing child porn