BROOKS COUNTY -- The Brooks County commissioners, during a special called meeting recently, accepted two bids for renovations and road work.
The first, for renovation on the Probate Court office, was awarded to JTB Contracting for $34, 750, the lower of the two bids received. During the past several months, the county has been working on renovating the courthouse offices, including the sheriff's office. The probate office renovations include painting, removing old wood, installing a three-ton heat pump, a new door, and office remodeling.
The Board also approved a bid from Southland Contractors for $20,876 for various road repairs.
It was also the first of about four special workshop meetings concerning the county's 2002-03 preliminary budget. The commissioners plan to meet at 6 p.m. throughout this week in an effort to prepare a finalize version.
To contact reporter Marie Arrington, please call 244-3400, ext. 254.
- UPDATE: Valdosta bank robbed; suspect caught
- UPDATE: VCS: No shootings at VHS
- Kemp responds to VHS shooting hoax
- LCS responds to written threat at Pine Grove Middle Schools, no real threat
- Valdosta teens charged for thefts, curfew violation
- Valdosta City Schools reports no active shooter at VHS
- Making the Leap: VSU grad takes the Big Apple
- UPDATE: Valdosta, other schools locked down over hoax
- POLING: VHS incident: Why we verify
- Trulieve unveils Adel cannabis facility