VALDOSTA -- Police are still trying to identify an elderly African American woman who was found dead in a ditch between Adair and Oliver streets just after 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Lowndes County Coroner Charles Exum said the police investigators believe the woman lived in the area, but would not speculate as to the cause of death.
Exum said the body was being transported to the state crime lab in Moultrie for an autopsy which will likely be performed Monday morning. The Valdosta Police Department in investigating the incident.
- Body found on railroad tracks
- Lowndes County Food Scores
- Home for the Holidays: Family moves into Habitat house
- False name charge leads to Valdosta arrest on outstanding warrants
- Man arrested after driving into store
- Valdosta man arrested after woman hit with crowbar
- VPD arrests suspect hiding in closet
- Filming for Valdosta movie underway
- Wild Adventures kicks off Christmas events
- POLING: Grocery shopping to 'Time Passages'