ATLANTA – President Donald Trump may come to Georgia as part of a trip to see the storm-torn areas left in Hurricane Michael’s wake.
VALDOSTA — Wearing a large white T-shirt, blue baseball cap and gardening gloves, 77-year-old Betty Welch and her great-grandson cleaned up debris from Hurricane Michael.
Valdosta City Schools will open Friday; Lowndes County School System will remain closed Friday, according to school officials.
VALDOSTA— The Georgia Department of Driver Services has updated the list of center closings and delayed closings for Thursday, Oct. 11.
VALDOSTA — Georgia Military College announced Wednesday morning that the Albany, Augusta, Eastman, Dublin, Madison, Milledgeville, Sandersville, Warner Robins, and Valdosta campuses, as well as GMC Prep School will remain closed Thursday, Oct. 11.
VALDOSTA – Emergency crews continue restoring power Thursday morning in pockets of outages throughout South Georgia.
VALDOSTA – A shift west kept Lowndes County from falling into the predicted direct path of Hurricane Michael Wednesday evening.
- Crumbled: Lowndes’ perfect season dashed by Marietta in state championship
- Coroner: Two die in Valdosta wreck
- Sewage overflows: Human error results in 7.5 million-gallon spill
- Young Bulls: Future 'Cats, Vikings put on a show on Day 1 of Junior Classic
- New Face of Health Care: SGMC CEO promises sense of community
- Brothers in Arms: Hahira, Valdosta first-responders unite for veterans
- Hospital authority weighs physician recruitment
- Goliath vs. Goliath: Matchups to watch during the 7A state championship game
- Man arrested after attempt to kidnap baby from mother's arms
- Full-time firefighters wanted: Residents ask county for fully funded fire department