VALDOSTA – Several South Georgia counties are under a state of emergency as the region prepares for possible impact from Elsa – which weather officials said reached hurricane status for a period of time Tuesday evening.
ATLANTA – President Donald Trump may come to Georgia as part of a trip to see the storm-torn areas left in Hurricane Michael’s wake.
VALDOSTA — Wearing a large white T-shirt, blue baseball cap and gardening gloves, 77-year-old Betty Welch and her great-grandson cleaned up debris from Hurricane Michael.
Valdosta City Schools will open Friday; Lowndes County School System will remain closed Friday, according to school officials.
VALDOSTA— The Georgia Department of Driver Services has updated the list of center closings and delayed closings for Thursday, Oct. 11.
VALDOSTA — Georgia Military College announced Wednesday morning that the Albany, Augusta, Eastman, Dublin, Madison, Milledgeville, Sandersville, Warner Robins, and Valdosta campuses, as well as GMC Prep School will remain closed Thursday, Oct. 11.
VALDOSTA – Emergency crews continue restoring power Thursday morning in pockets of outages throughout South Georgia.
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Millions earmarked for Moody chopper facilities
- SGMC, Lowndes report 3 virus deaths: Hospitalizations continue to fall
- Valdosta furniture store burns