TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida COVID-19 cases rose to 470,486 across the state Friday, according to Florida health officials.
That's an increase of 9,007 new cases in a single day.
The state reports 26,533 people have been hospitalized since the outbreak began.
State health officials report 6,843 deaths from the virus since the start of the pandemic.
In Suwannee County, by Friday, 1,144 residents had tested positive and 32 had died from the virus.
React to this story:
- Youngest Lowndes resident dies from COVID-19 to-date
- Valdosta approves utility bill relief grant
- Woman sentenced for $300,000 Lowndes fraud case
- Kemp affirms no mask mandate in public schools
- UPDATE: Bank VP resigns over offensive Facebook post
- Valdosta police thwart robbery attempt
- UPDATE: Lowndes reports 5 new COVID-19 deaths; SGMC reports 70 virus patients
- Lowndes school board prepares for reopening, welcomes new member
- Over 900 in Georgia district quarantine as high school shut
- Hard Choices: Parents weigh classrooms, virtual learning