• Trick or Treating will be held in Valdosta and Lowndes County from 6 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 30.
Children should be accompanied by their parents as they go from house to house, carry a flashlight or glow stick to make them more visible to automobiles, and avoid eating any candy or other treats until they have been examined.
• The Copeland family will host a haunted maze at their home at 4287 Mt. Zion Church Road in Valdosta from 8 p.m. until on Saturday, Oct. 30. Entry is $2 for ages 11 and up. Those ages 10 and under are free. A kiddie maze and treats will be provided for the children at no charge.
• The Civil Engineer Recreation Program at Moody Air Force Base will sponsor its 30th annual Mooooody Haunted House on Bemiss Road Oct. 29-31. From 6-7:30 p.m., the kids can enjoy a lighted haunted house. From 8-11 p.m., the lights will be turned off. A special kids night, with candy, face painting and a jump house, will be held from 6-9 p.m. on Oct. 30. The haunted house is free for ages 3 and under, $3 for ages 4-10 and $5 for ages 11 and up.
• St. John Catholic School will host a community Halloween carnival from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 30, at its 800 Gornto Road location. Activities include a bounce house, double slide, obstacle course, cake walk, face painting and karaoke. Call (229) 244-2556 to learn more.
• The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office will host a Safe Halloween Trick or Treat Carnival from 5-9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 30, at the Lowndes County Civic Center. There will be games, cake walks, lots of food, a haunted house and more. Admission to the carnival is $1. Admission to the haunted house is an additional $1. All proceeds will benefit the Lowndes Drug Action Council. Call (229) 671-2900 to learn more.
• The Corn-fusing Maze in Hahira is open from 6-9 p.m. Fridays and 5-9 p.m. Saturdays through the middle of November. It is open Sundays through Thursdays for groups with advance reservations. From Valdosta, take Highway 41 North off North Valdosta Road, turn left onto Union Road, turn left onto Franks Creek Road, then past the overpass look for the maze on the right. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for children 12 and under and $1 for military, senior citizens and groups of 15 or more. Call (229) 563-6120 or (229) 316-3375 to learn more.