The Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce honored the Winners in the Workplace finalists Tuesday at the 10th Annual World Class Employee Recognition Breakfast at the Rainwater Conference Center.
The four categories were 2014 Small Business Employee, Small Business Supervisor, Large Business Employee, and Large Business Employee. A panel of judges decided the finalists and the winners for each category; these judges were independent from the competition, said Miranda Moore, the chamber’s marketing and government affairs specialist.
“We have a panel of judges for each category, and we have an interview process. Prior to the interview process, the nominator is going to submit an application describing that employee or supervisor’s efforts and what they bring to the company,” Moore said. “Then there is a rigorous interview process where they will interview both the employee and the supervisor, or whomever nominated them.”
Each nominee’s skill sets were evaluated. These included attendance, dependability, attitude, dedication, job knowledge, quality of work, judgment, critical thinking, relationship with others, community involvement, and professional development.
The four categories consisted of 24 finalists.
• Small Business Employee finalists: Deborah Byington from Fairway Outdoor Advertising; Cindy Hotchkiss, Cornerstone Design and Consulting; Lorraine James, Options Now; Judy Jordan, Langdale Vallotton, LLP; Ashley Lee, Vwave Communications; Julee Lincoln, Azalea Health; Ivelisse Torres, Goodwill Industries; Stephanie Williams, Holiday Inn Express and Suites.
• Small Business Employee winner: Julee Lincoln from Azalea Health.
• Small Business Supervisor finalists: Terry Adams, ERCO Worldwide; Melissa Asbell, Hospice of South Georgia; Robin DeRocco, Options Now; Seth Hodge, Virtual World Technologies; Rodney Reading, Professional Printing; Angela Vickers, The Repeat Boutique Thrift Store.
• Small Business Supervisor winner: Angela Vickers from the Repeat Boutique Thrift Store.
• Large Business Employee finalists: Greg Battles, Lowe’s Distribution; Kathy Godfrey, Smith Drug Company; Mamie Jernigan, Smith Drug Company; Thomas Manus, Wild Adventures Theme Park; Brenda O’keefe, South Georgia Medical Center.
• Large Business Employee winner: Thomas Manus from Wild Adventures Theme Park.
• Large Business Supervisor finalists: Gerrell Aldridge, New Hire Solutions; Libby Craft, Smith Drug Company; Thomas Jackson, CBJ Industries; Cindy Romero, Wild Adventures Theme Park; Nancibeth Shealy, South Georgia Medical Center.
• Large Business Supervisor winner: Gerrell Aldridge from New Hire Solutions.
Each winner was awarded $1,500 cash, a ticket package to Wild Adventures Theme Park, public recognition, and gifts from Fresh Beginnings.