The Associated Press
TUCKER, Ga. —
A massive blaze has leveled a hardware store in Tucker and firefighters worked late into the night to contain it.
DeKalb County Fire officials say they were called to the fire at an ACE Hardware on Cowan Road about 7 p.m. Friday and found heavy smoke and flames shooting out of the building.
WXIA-TV (http://on.11alive.com/WakvF7 ) reports that as firefighters battled the blaze, the building collapsed.
Crews were kept about 40 feet away from the building because of the hazardous items inside the store that included propane and kerosene. Fire crews tell WSB-TV (http://bit.ly/VdfjB7) they could hear explosions.
Fire officials reported no injuries.
Witnesses at the scene tell WSB that Lucie Handy’s Hardware was a true neighborhood hardware store and was going to be a big loss to the community.