- Local Sports
- Howard’s memorable play marks U.S. run in World Cup
- Murray’s Wimbledon reign ends in quarters
- Genesis Power wins Georgia AA state championship
- ‘Dream falls short’
- Hype Blazer track ‘blazes’ to national competition
- Valdosta YMCA gymnastics sending 19 to nationals
- Sharapova, Nadal lose in fourth round at Wimbledon
Making the Cut
A star player for the Valdosta State Blazers, Seantavius Jones has joined the esteemed ranks of the National Football League. Standing 6-foot-3 and weighing 210 pounds, Jones has the perfect frame to be a successful NFL wide receiver.
Two wins from glory
In a city with a rich sports tradition the Valdosta State Club Rugby team badly wants to make a name for itself in TitleTown — on Saturday morning in Aston, Penn., the Blazers' burning desire was on display. VSU cruised to a 3-0 record in pool play of the National Small College Rugby 7s National Tournament with a combined score of 85-17 to secure a spot in today's semifinals.
Brooks takes on TCC in 7 on 7
Replacing a starting quarterback is a challenging task for any high school coach in the country, but that challenge is even more daunting for Thomas County Central coach Bill Shaver and Brooks County's Maurice Freeman as the two coaches attempt to move forward without two of the greatest quarterbacks in each school's respective history.
- More Local Sports Headlines