The Valdosta Daily Times
Burned the turkey? Relatives showed up to potluck without side dishes? Bent the carving knife? Too hungry to wait for dinner? Here are the following restaurants and grocery stores that will be open Thanksgiving Day for your convenience in the event of a Turkey Day disaster — or if you just don’t feel like cooking.
• Cracker Barrel, 1195 St. Augustine Road, will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., and are offering a Thanksgiving special: turkey, dressing, two sides, a serving of ham, a slice of pie and a drink for $8.99. Children’s plates are $4.69. Thanksgiving dinners to go are $49.99 with 24-hour notice. Call (229) 244-5258.
• Waffle House, 3120 North Patterson Street, 1302 North St. Augustine Road, 1819 West Hill Avenue, 3487 Madison Highway and 4600 North Valdosta Road, will be open all day.
• Smok’n Pig BBQ, 4228 North Valdosta Road, will be open from 10:30 a.m. and will close between 3 and 4 p.m., depending on the number of customers.
• Mama June’s, 3286 Inner Perimeter Road, will be open from 10:30 a.m. and will close at 4 p.m.
• Denny’s, 1328 St. Augustine Road, will be open all day.
• McDonald’s, 715 South Patterson Street, 2102 North Ashley Street, 1840 West Hill Avenue, 1177 North Saint Augustine Road, 4109 Bemiss Road, 1709 Iola Drive and 4185 North Valdosta Road, will be open all day.
• IHOP, 1821 West Hill Avenue, will close at 2 p.m. Thursday, and will resume normal hours Friday at 6 a.m.
• Ole Times Country Buffet, 1193 North St. Augustine Road, will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Winn-Dixie, 1105 Madison Highway and 3200 North Ashley Street, will be open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Harvey’s, 2111 Bemiss Road and 4036 Bemiss Road, will be open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All restaurants and grocery stores will resume normal hours Friday.