Voters in Georgia can begin casting their ballots Monday, Oct. 14, for their local elections.
Voting hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the first two weeks, and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the last week prior to Election Day on Tuesday, Nov. 5. All advance and early voting in Lowndes County will be held at the Board of Elections Office, 2808 N. Oak St. in Valdosta.
“If voters wait until the last day to vote, they have to go to a polling place in the community,” Deb Cox, supervisor of elections, said. “The biggest benefit is convenience – vote on your timetable, when it’s convenient to you. Wait time is almost always under 15 minutes from the time you come in the door until the time you walk out.”
Cox wants to remind citizens, “We offer free rides to and from the Elections office to vote. Neighbors or friends like to get together and all get a pickup to vote together.”
Call (229) 671-2850 for more information on obtaining a ride.
• Valdosta City Council District 2: John Hogan; Sandra J. Tooley; Calvin Graham Sr.
• Valdosta City Council District 4: incumbent Alvin Payton Jr.; Junior S. Jackson.
• Valdosta City Council District 6: incumbent Robert Yost; Richard S. Miller; Joseph Wheeler.
• Valdosta School Board District 1: Lizzie Shumphard; Edgar Cornelius Tooley. Incumbent Annie Fisher is not seeking reelection.
• Valdosta School Board District 2: incumbent Vanassa Flucas; James L. Nelson.
• Valdosta School Board District 3: incumbent Warren Lee.
• Dasher Mayor: incumbent G.R. Holton.
• Dasher City Council Post 1: incumbent Julian Copeland.
• Dasher City Council Post 2: incumbent Donald Bryan.
• Hahira Mayor: Former District 2 City Council member Bruce Cain; sitting City Council member Rose Adams; incumbent Mayor Wayne Bullard; Johnny L. Stalvey.
• Hahira City Council District 1: incumbent Terry C. Benjamin.
• Hahira City Council District 4: H. Mason Barfield.
• Hahira City Council District 2, special election to fill a vacancy: Traci Selph Davis; Kenneth Davis; Zakk Cumbess.
• Lake Park Mayor: incumbent Eric Schindler.
• Lake Park City Council, with four at-large seats: Ronald Carter; Paul Mulkey; incumbent David R. Whifield; incumbent Sandy Sherrill; Bert P. Rutland Sr.
• Remerton City Council, with three at-large seats: incumbent Jasen L. Tatum; incumbent Joshua Blake DeCesare; incumbent Jessica Brantley.