Thursday, April 4
• Symposium: Highlighting Innovation in Higher Education at the VSU Student Union Theatre, 12 p.m. and open to the public.
This hour-long presentation by Dr. George Mehaffy focuses on the role of innovation in higher education. Light refreshments provided.
• Mixing it Up with the President and First Lady at the VSU University Center, 6 p.m. Registration required.
Join President McKinney and Dr. Charlesworth as they teach you to mix up their favorite original cocktails. Specially selected hors d’oeuvres will be served alongside the libations. RSVP by March 18
• VSU Performing Arts Showcase at VSU’s Whitehead Auditorium, 8 p.m. Open to the public.
This showcase celebrates innovative artistic works from several genres performed by faculty and students. Reception immediately follows.
Friday, April 5
• Platform Party Continental Breakfast and Delegate Reception at VSU University Center, 8 a.m. Invitation only.
Members of the Platform Party, Institutional Delegates, and select guests are invited to gather before the Investiture Ceremony.
• Investiture Ceremony at VSU’s West Hall Front Lawn, 10 a.m. and open to the public.
Inaugural Message from Dr. George Mehaffy, Vice President for Academic Leadership and Change at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. Reception immediately follows.
• Inaugural Ball Benefiting Student Scholarships at VSU Student Union Ballroom, 7 p.m. Registration required.
RSVP no later than March 18 to be included in the Inaugural Ball Program as a Sponsor.
Saturday, April 6
• Zumba with the First Lady at VSU West Hall Front Lawn, 9:30 a.m. and open to the public.
Join Dr. Charlesworth as she leads a 45 minute workout that’s sure to rev up your appetite! Athletic shoes, towel, and water are recommended.
• Employee BBQ at VSU’s West Hall Front Lawn, 12 p.m., VSU employees only. Registration required.
Entertainment provided by Making Trax, President McKinney’s college band — the world’s most over-educated, under-rehearsed band!