Engineering (includes road resurfacing and improvements, sidewalks and drainage)—$12.7 million
Police and fire—$7.2 million
Parks and rec—$1 million
Water and sewer—$55.4 million
Public Works—$2.5 million
Previous SPLOST VII referendum—$74.86 million
1. Increased public transparency on wastewater issues, completion of force main by August 2014 and the relocation of the WWTP by August 2015.
2. Meeting with state and federal agencies to address regional flooding.
3. Advocacy to prevent closure of Moody AFB by the BRAC.
4. Annual city-wide tour of each City Council district to identify issues.
5. Finalize proposed SPLOST VII project list, educate community about November referendum.
6. Work with Valdosta Housing Authority for re-development of existing property.
7. Software/hardware upgrades for municipal courts and the Valdosta Police Department.
8. Consideration of financial measures to address the current economic climate of flat or declining revenues and increasing costs.
9. Joint meetings with Lowndes County Board of Commissioners.
10. Annual review of ordinances.
11. Work with Industrial Authority for the improvement and enhancement of broadband throughout the community.