Brittany D. McClure
The Valdosta Daily Times
Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Yes, I turned 25 yesterday and this weekend is a celebration of everything me.
While my budgeteer swag should be celebrated every day because let’s face it, I’m pretty much a big deal, my birthday unfortunately is not yet a national holiday despite several letters to the president. His lack of response to my demands is no surprise though. I mean, look at the government, it’s a financial mess and clearly none of them have taken the time to read my money saving genius, and that’s just all the more reason for me to run for president. I even have a tag line: Vote Budgeteer Brittany 2016 . . . Sure, I have no experience in politics, but when has that ever been a requirement?
I could go on and on about the government, but let us not get side tracked from the important things . . . me! In honor of my birthday, here are some places that let you mooch off them just because your arrival into the world was epic.
• Starbucks: As a gold card member, you get many perks. A free drink after every 12th drink, a free, pre-selected song download every week sent directly to your app, and even a free drink or food on your birthday. Starbucks remembering my birthday is the number two reason I love them. The number one reason being of course how intellectual I feel when I drink their coffee. Pinkies out people!
• Dairy Queen: When you join the Dairy Queen Blizzard Fan Club, you will get a free ice cream cone on your birthday! Even without the freebie, DQ is a great place to go on your happy day because the owners and staff are so nice. The Valdosta DQ’s are just one of the many things I miss about Valdosta.
• Denny’s: Denny’s is not just awesome because they share my maiden name, but they will also give you a free grand slam on your birthday. When they bring it to you, you get to say, “My grand slam was supposed to be with sausage.” Kuddos to you if you get the reference. If not, get over yourself, put down your pretentious book and watch more cartoons. Gheesh.
• Firehouse Subs: When you join the Firehouse Subs Birthday Club, you get a free sub on your birthday.
• Sephora: Okay, so there’s not a Sephora in Valdosta, but hopefully you have the Internet. When you sign up as a Beauty Insider, you get a free gift from Sephora on your birthday. Aside from myself, it’s my most favorite part of my birthday.
• Austin’s Steakhouse: Become a part of their Austin’s Club and you get a free dessert when you dine with them on your birthday.
• Red Lobster: Join the Overboard Club and you get a special surprise on your birthday. However, be sure to join seven days prior to your birthday to qualify.
• American Eagle: When you sign up for AE Rewards, you get 15 percent off the month of your birthday when you share your email.
• Applebees: Sign up for the latest news with Applebee’s Emails and they will give you a free treat for your birthday when you dine with them.
• Arby’s: Join Arby’s Extras and become an Arby’s insider to receive exclusive offers and deals that includes a free shake coupon on your birthday.
• Atlanta Bread Company: Join the ABC Bread VIP eClub to get a free birthday cookie.
• Bruster’s: If you join the Sweet Rewards at Bruster’s you will get a free birthday waffle cone when you buy one.
• Buffalo Wild Wings: When you join the Buffalo Circle you will get a free dessert to help you celebrate your special day.
• Chili’s: Join Chili’s Email Club and you will receive a birthday email that is good for a free brownie sundae on your birthday.
• Cracker Barrel: Go to Cracker Barrel on your birthday and you get a free dessert with a birthday song!
• Fazoli’s: Join Fazoli’s eFamily Club and you’ll get a free dessert on your birthday.
• Longhorn Steakhouse: Join the Western Hospitality Club and you will get a free dessert on your birthday.
• McAlister’s Deli: Sign up for McAlister’s Deligrams and you will get a free $5 gift certificate to use toward the purchase of a meal for your birthday.
• Ruby Tuesday: Join Ruby Tuesday’s So Connected email club to get a free cupcake on your birthday.
• Steak N’ Shake: Join the Steak N’ Shake eClub to get a coupon for a free double steakburger with cheese and fries on your birthday.
• Tropical Smoothie: Sign up for the TropiDeals to get a free smoothie on your birthday.
• Waffle House: Sign up for the Waffle House Regular Club and get a free birthday waffle. Just one of the many reasons I love me some WAHO! Yeah, I’m into acronyming everything now. Also, I’m into making up words, via acronyming.
Well my dear budgeteers, if it’s not your birthday yet, be sure to clip this article and hang it on your fridge. You know you will be kicking yourself if you don’t take advantage of all this free stuff.
As an adult, birthdays stop being so fun and after 25, they just become depressing. So these little freebies and discounts help soften the blow and put some pep in your birthday step.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @BudgetBrittany and like me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BrittanyDenneyMcClure. While you’re at it, go get yourself a cupcake in my honor. You deserve it.