The Valdosta Daily Times
The flood warning continues for the following rivers in Georgia:
Withlacoochee River above Valdosta (Skipper Bridge Road) affecting Berrien and Lowndes counties.
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect life and property.
Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you see flood waters, remember to turnaround and do not drown.
For graphical hydrologic information, please go to weather.gov and click on your state. Select rivers and lakes ahps under current conditions and click on your river point.
The flood warning continues for the Withlacoochee River above Valdosta (Skipper Bridge Road).
* until further notice...or until the warning is canceled.
* at 2:30 p.m. Monday the stage was 13.7 feet.
* minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* forecast ... the river will continue rising to near 17.2 feet by tomorrow evening then begin falling.
For more on this story and other local news, subscribe to The Valdosta Daily Times e-Edition, or our print edition.